Friday, February 5, 2010

Myong Dong Tofu House at the U district

Alright, so it looks like there is enough asian persuasion for this tiny restuarant. What credibility do I have to rate soon doo boo, Yuk Gae-Jang, pan chan and kim chi ji-gae? Well, my girlfriend has kimchi running in her veins and whether by choice or by puppy dog eyes, I eat korean food quite often. Its the only way I have built up a GI system strong enough to somewhat neutralize the comet ball of fire from all the gojujang and kimchi. I have been to Korea, twice. I've eaten in Myong Dong and had the best Sam Gae-Tang in Sok Cho. It is true that decent Korean food can be traditionally found cross the king county border to the north or way down south in Federal Way, but we found this place in the U district of all places. There are 3 a ji mas cooking in the back, the place feels like a sauna, and most of the other patrons are korean speaking. Yes!!

Okay, so the food is great and my gf loves it as do I.
So I just want to do a bit of education here. Scenario: When one walks into a small asian establishment (where ever that may be) and see that there are enough tables to fit up to 3 people at each table, there is a line out the door, and the bill is coming out before you finish your meal. What I see: people sitting there at the table talking about how they would love to adopt a baby from an asian country or whatever for 20 minutes past the time they finished their meal, the bill has been paid and the left overs are packed. Meanwhile there are other people staring around the room hoping that these jackasses would get the hell up so they can eat and symbiotically help the small family business. Small asian restuarant etiquette: sit, order, don't ask for substitutions or vegan options, take your time to eat and enjoy the yummy food, pay the bill, get the hell up and let someone else sit and enjoy the food. It's not a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment